Structural Assessment Investigation
Accurate as-builts or existing conditions are not always available to the design professional evaluating concrete structures requiring rehabilitation. DanKel’s experienced team can complete field testing and generate reports to provide engineers and architects with the necessary data for accurate design.
Field Testing Services Offered
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Locates rebar, post tension strands, and conduit/pipes
- Determines clear cover thickness
- Can estimate concrete wall or slab thickness
- Detect voids or cavities
- Chloride Testing
- Field testing to provide levels of chloride salts contained in concrete that contribute to corrosion
- Destructive Testing
- Core drilled samples for in-situ concrete lab testing
- Exploratory demolition to examine conditions of members cast in concrete.